Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Adaptive Yoga-Yoga for Paraplegics and Wheelchair Users




I have been interested in doing Yoga lately. After doing a little research I've decided to go ahead and try it. Yoga is good for you mentally and physically. Yoga has been found to help with flexibility, breathing, mental focus and stress. Also, Yoga has benefits to your internal organs. As a parent of a toddler, there are days when I am in much need of stress relief and mental focus! I found a few resources and decided to share it with everyone. Check out the links below..

Adaptive Yoga Video

Benefits of Yoga

Paralyzed Yoga Instructor


Let me know what you think.. Was this helpful to you? Do you have any resources to share for adaptive Yoga? Comment below...


8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This page and links really hopeful! Thank you for this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    I found this product very helpful www.portashopper.com.au to mobility impaired individuals.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could alternate them and do it thrice a week for optimum results. Mountain pose, pyramid pose, raise hand pose, forward bend pose, downward facing dog and warrior pose are some of the standing pose which is fairly simple for all beginners. Yoga Benefits

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a misconception that an Asana (Yoga stretch) has to be difficult to do in order to be beneficial. i liked it

    ReplyDelete

  6. Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table,but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.

    Karma Champion Wheelchair

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting and amazing how your post is! It Is Useful and helpful for me That I like it very much, and I am looking forward to Hearing from your next.. yoga clothing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Relief of tensions and contractures
    Yoga is a natural method to get rid of tension accumulated daily, both in the physical and mental body. Indeed, postures and pranayamas are effective techniques to

    release stress, often manifested as contractures in the neck, back and joints.

    ReplyDelete